March 17, 2010

Email to Self



So sometimes I email myself a prayer, a sort of email to the Lord and myself to provide me strength and help me remember what it is I need to surrender. Many times these have been answered, like the time the police called me 5 minutes after sending an email for a divine intervention for my son, they had him in custody and his life was spared. Not sure why I am posting this, thought maybe if you all read it, it would be that much more that God would hear me:)


Dear Lord,

Please Heavenly Father, shine your warm beautiful light on my son Zachary right now in his time of illness and despair. I pray you will hold him in your hands and bring him to restored health. I pray you will provide a mentor in his life that can make a difference for him, someone he can look up to and learn from. Please provide an intervention in his life so that he can become healthy off of drugs and be able to live his life well.

I pray Lord that you will help me to stay out of the way of other's lessons and teach me how to do that and still find joy in my life. Surround me with light and joy, help me to restore my health. I thank you Lord for all the blessings in my life, my husband, my work to provide medical and money, my brother being healthier than he has in many years, my son for being alive. Please dear Lord watch over my family and help us to learn to be happy in the moment in this life. In Jesus Name, Amen.

13 comments:

Sherry said...

Amen!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other and try to do the next right thing. You're putting him in the right hands!

Bar L. said...

Maybe you wrote it because you know so many of us care and can relate. Whatever reason, thank you for letting us in on your prayer.

Lisa said...

Beautiful prayer. Thank you for sharing it. I continue to work on my relationship with God and sometimes it is so helpful to have a clear understanding of what others do to keep the relationship strong. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

That is an interesting idea, and I think it would help you to keep sane through this nightmare of his addiction.

Secretia

Anonymous :) said...

After I pray that same prayer, I picture God rising to move, not waiting until I fall apart. I love the email idea. So sorry this prayer has to be prayed. (Mad :))

Syd said...

Thanks for sharing the prayer. My hopes for a good day for you and for your son.

Unknown said...

On my iGoogle home page, I have a note posted that is from my HP to me, reminding me that all is in His hands and all is well. It helps me to remember to let go of my son..each day. I love your prayer.

♥namaste♥

Kathy M. said...

E-mail to self. I love it. Thanks for sharing that lovely prayer.

Heather's Mom said...

What a beautiful prayer - just reading it, I prayed it for Z & you all as well. I read your posts from the past week to catch up and I know how hard it all was on you. I was feeling despair for how you could handle all this??? Me hating thinking of you on the phone not knowing is he high or not and how frustrating it all is. BUT then at the end of the one post - YOU - gave hope, like YOU shined a light out to us reading!!! And by this post I see you are focusing on the one thing we can do - PRAYER. God will shine His light on Z.
God bless.
Love & hugs!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I think you left it on an old blog that I've really never used, though. I'd be honored if you'd visit my new site at http://chitowngreg.wordpress.com.

Chitowngreg

Lou said...

Hebrews 11:1
"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."


Thinking of you...

Kay said...

Just saw this post. What a beautiful prayer. I like seeing it written out, and I love your idea of emailing prayers to yourself. Thanks for sharing. God bless you and your son. We surely are not walking alone!